Friday, January 27, 2012

Rest for the Weary

Well Payton is taking a nice nap so I thought I would sit down and give my blog some love.  The past few days have been pretty exhausting.  Tuesday night, the storms were so loud they were literally shaking our house and kept Payton up most of the night.  Needless to say the next day we were both a little cranky lol.  Wednesday night, me and Payton slept at my parents because Jonny is in Apsen with his cousin Billy watching the X-Games.  And I don't know if she was just over tired or what but she didn't sleep but 2 hours.  Yesterday- we were both like walking zombies lol.  As I was in the Word last night- completely exhausted and feeling beat down, God whispered His promise of strength and rest (Isaiah 40:28-30) in my ear.  His promise of new mercies and compassion in the morning (Lamentations 3:22-23).  As I sat there clinging to those promises- desperate for rest (physical and mental), I felt His peace rush over me.  And last night Payton slept from 8pm to 9am!!!  Isn't God amazing??  He is always faithful and never lets us down!    Being a mom is hard and some days its a struggle to find joy in it (if I am being honest) but God has been teaching me through being a mom about what it means to lay down my selfish desires and take up the cross.  Don't get me wrong, I love Payton with every fiber of my being.  I have never known the kind of love I have for that sweet baby girl.  But I am still human and my flesh is still sinful.  There are some days I don't want to get out of bed, I don't want to go get her at 2am and some days I wanna have a day all to myself watching tv and getting a pedicure.  But I have to lay those desires down and give all that I can to my kid.  As in the same way with my walk in the Lord.  Daily, waking up and laying down my flesh to the spirit.  Letting Him guide my steps.  Walking in the spirit!!  Because He loves me unconditionally and wants the best for me.  And once we do that, we can find joy in all circumstances, even when we are surrounded by the dark.  As I am study through James- that is definitely a theme throughout the whole first chapter.  Finding Joy in pain.  And God is teaching me just that through my daily struggles of motherhood.  Thanks for listening to my heart for a few minutes.  Have a wonderful day :)


"Do you not know?  Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.  He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.  Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall." Isaiah 40:28-30

"Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."  Lamentations 3:22-23

              

No comments:

Post a Comment