Saturday, July 5, 2014

California

In May, me and the girls took a little vacation to California with my mom, dad, and Lydia.  My Aunt lives in Orange County- an hour outside of LA.  My dad had a golf tournament in Palm Springs.  I took tons of pictures but sadly a lot of them have been deleted before they were saved :(  I still have quite a few because I used  my moms phone on a few days- my phone was acting up but I am still missing a lot.  I HATE that but there is nothing I can do about it now- unless anyone knows how I can recover photos from my trash can after it has been emptied??

Anyways... California was exhausting but so much fun!  Unfortunately, Jonny had to work so it was just me and the girls!  We left Sunday after church.  Traveling with 2 small children is no easy feat.  3 suitcases, a diaper bag, double stroller, and 2 car seats- is a lot.  But we made it on the plane in time! The plane ride there went ok.  Payton did great- she had little meltdown instances and listened pretty well.  Kinsley had a little harder time keeping still.  She had a few bouts of meltdowns but overall she did ok (now the plane ride home was a different story).  After we landed, got our luggage, got rental cars, and made it to my Aunts it was pretty late.  So we grabbed a very late dinner and then headed to my Aunts for some sleep.    



Day two started early.  We got up, packed an overnight bag, and headed to San Diego.  My Aunt has a friend who has a beach house there.  We got to San Diego around lunch time and and spent Monday at the San Diego Zoo.  The Zoo was lots of fun- we loved every minute of it!  After the Zoo we got settled in at the beach house and then headed out for some dinner and ice cream.  I lost a lot of my pictures I took in San Diego but here are the ones I have:    

On our way to San Diego- It was a good 3 hour drive.  With 3 little ones we had to stop for some breaks!  Ellie is my Aunts granddaughter who lives with her.  Payton and Ellie had so much fun playing together the whole week.    

















Poor Kinsley didn't feel too great that day.... She napped a lot. 




























Day three (Tuesday) we spent on the beach.  We slept in a little and then walked down to the beach and had some breakfast.  It was so nice.  We ate looking over the ocean- so pretty.  After breakfast we took a walk on the Ocean Beach Pier- the longest Pier in California!  It was a nice and chilly walk.  After our walk we walked around town and made a stop at the Candy Shop of course :)  Then we headed back to the house to get our swim suits.  The water was FREEZING.  Kinsley loved the sand but hated the water.  Payton wasn't too fond of either.  My mom was curled up in a chair under a blanket of towels.  Ellie and Lydia were playing in the water.  And me and my Aunt were soaking up the sun haha.  It was fun while it lasted (which wasn't too long).  After the beach we got cleaned up and then ate some Pizza in town.  After we ate, we got our stuff and headed back to my Aunts.  When we got to my Aunts everyone relaxed and I went for a nice run.  After I got back and got cleaned up we went and ate some BBQ for dinner.  Then we headed back to the house for baths and bedtime.  It was a pretty long and exhausting day!  But so fun :)  This was the day that most of my pictures are missing from.... 








Day Four (Wednesday) me and Lydia got to be kids for a day and went to the happiest place on earth- Disney Land.  Since Lydia will probably never be in California again, she really wanted to see Disney Land.  But it was way too expensive for all of us to go so my mom and Aunt decided to take the girls for the day so I could go with Lydia.  It was such a fun day- thankful that they gave up their day to watch the little ones.  Me and Lydia had a blast- we got to ride most of all the  bigger rides and we saw everything.  We didn't stop the whole time we were there- practically running all over the park so Lydia could get in as much as she could.  We had so much fun.  After Disney Land, we went down to Hollywood.  Lydia wanted to see it too.  Since it was our last night there we were out pretty late- driving around showing Lydia the sights.  We even walked around downtown.  It was a great last day.  We didn't crawl into bed until after midnight.  We woke up bright and early Thursday and headed to the airport.  The flight home was miserable.  Kinsley cried THE ENTIRE time.  I mean 3 hours constantly screaming.  Payton did great.  She slept the whole flight.  But Kinsley was awful.  It was horrible for everyone involved.  But we made it home to daddy!  We are so thankful for the trip and the time we had with my Aunt and Ellie.    



















   

No comments:

Post a Comment