Tuesday, September 27, 2011

DIY

So me and Jonny LOVE watching the DIY network and HGTV.  Ever since we remodeled the kitchen- we love doing home projects and making our home better/cuter!  I am also currently addicted to Pinterest!  Lets just say I am glad I can't do all the things I pin or we would be broke lol.  And thankfully I can't get on it much as well!  I am definitely not the most creative person (anything cute thats in my house came from my mom) but I love how creative other people are and I like to try and recreate their projects.  Anyways... all this to say, I don't do much decorating DIY projects but here are some I have done in the past few weeks (and I am in no way great at it):


So there are a million "menu" boards on Pinterest... My pantry was already painted in Chalkboard paint and so I decided to add my own menu!  I really love how it turned out!!  And even better it was FREE!  On my fridge (which is next to the pantry) there is a dry erase board for our grocery list!

So I LOVE fall.  Football, coats, getting dark early, the smells, pumpkin spice lattes, and scarfs.  I have had my decorations out for 2 weeks.  I am so ready for cooler weather and the holidays to be approaching!  3 things:  1.  My plate display- I am going to put a seasonal plate up for every season.  2.  My door wreath- made it myself for under $20- just flowers, wreath, and letters painted red (all from hobby lobby).  3.  And my table centerpiece- got all my flowers 50% off at hobby lobby.
So our study has been a project ever since we moved in.  We are finally getting it to where we want it.  Just a few more touches and it will be perfect.  Bought the cute hutch at hobby lobby for 50% off.  I added the cork board, flowers and ribbon frame to the insides of the doors!!  I love it and its practical.   

Blessings :)
"He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8


 

No comments:

Post a Comment