Friday, May 11, 2012

12 Weeks.

Like I said, be prepared to be reading a lot of post about baby/pregnancy!  Not only do I like to keep family and friends updated on our life with this blog but I love to go back and look at things myself.  I am not very good at keeping up with journals these days and this is a great way to document my life!  I love to read things from years ago and seeing the Lord work through it all.  So I am 12 weeks (well in 3 days)!!  I am nearing the end of my first trimester and boy am I ready!!!  These last 4 or 5 weeks have been pretty miserable.   I know I was sick with Payton but I don't think it was this bad!  I am finally starting to feel better- not 100% but getting there.  We got to see our precious baby on a sonogram at 9 weeks!  And man do I love that- coolest thing ever.  He/she was so tiny and moving like crazy!  Yesterday, I went in for my 12 week checkup and got to hear his/her heartbeat- best sound ever!

12 week belly picture- just a little bump

What's going on with baby?  By now, your baby weighs a full half-ounce and is about the size of a large plum. Most of his systems are in place, though there's still plenty of maturing to do. For one thing, his fetal digestive system is beginning to practice contraction movements necessary for eating, and his bone marrow is busy making white blood cells — weapons against germs once he's out of your safe haven. The pituitary gland (at the base of the brain) has started producing the hormones that'll enable him (or her) to make babies of his (or her) own in a couple of decades or so.
 
Stats:
Baby's Size:  Large Plum (2.5 inches and .5oz)
Baby's heartbeat:  170bpm strong and healthy!
Momma's weight:  128lbs 
Weight Gain:  Lost 5lbs from starting weight (I might stop posting my weight once I start gaining lol)
Days to go:  28 weeks and 4 days!

And we leave for Destin, Florida tomorrow!!  Life is good!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment