Wednesday, June 18, 2014

My First Triathlon

So almost 3 weeks ago I ran my first sprint triathlon- 500 meter swim, 14 mile bike ride and 3.1 mile run.  I have done 3 half marathons, one 10k, and lots of 5ks in the past but this is by far my favorite thing I have done.  I like that it is broken up and different- instead of just straight running for an hour and a half.  And the training is way better too!  I did the Play Tri Triathlon in Irving.  We woke up at 4:30am, got to Irving about 5:30, got my transition area all set up and then I started my race about 8:15.  They had lots of waves starting from 6:45 till 8:30.  I was one of the lasts groups to go.  So I got in the water- we swam in canal- which surprisingly didn't bother me.  The water felt great- not cold or too warm.  However, the swim was probably the hardest part for me- with people climbing all over you and constantly getting kicked it was hard not to panic.  I just kept telling myself to stay calm and keep going.  And I did complete it and thankfully it was the shortest part of the race.  The rest of the race went smooth and great- I never stopped and I honestly had a lot of fun!  I think me and Jonny are gonna do one together in the fall :)

My time was 1:34:27.  Swim:  10:39  Bike:  51:30  Run:  27:01.  You can see all my results here:  http://mychiptime.com/searchevent.php?id=8491&bib=828
This was before the race- ready to rock it!  Thankful for my hubby!  He's my biggest supporter and fan!  I love him so!  Thanks for all you do babe :)



Right before going into the water.... I am one of those down there!  



In the water- ready to swim 


Transition




















Thanks and Gig'em!!!  

You can look at my race photos here:





No comments:

Post a Comment