Monday, May 30, 2011

Grateful.

Happy Memorial Day!  Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend full of friends, family, and relaxation.  I pray you took the time to remember, thank, and pray for our troops!

For those of you who don't know my mom was in the hospital the whole weekend due to blockage in her intestine.  She went in Friday around 2am because of some severe pain in her abdomen.  They had to do a lot of not fun stuff and she was in a lot of pain.  Thankfully she got to come home today and is mostly pain free (still a little sore).  They determined it was some kind of bacterial infection that caused her intestine to swell and cause blockage.  It was a rough weekend and I am pretty much emotionally spent.  It was so hard to see my mom suffer like she was.  She was in such intense pain and I could hardly take it.  The Lord definitely was my sustainer and comfort.  Even though I pretty much got no sleep- the Lord provided me strength and peace through it all.  I am grateful that the Lord healed my momma and that she is home tonight and not in that hospital anymore!

On a much lighter note....Payton is 6 months!!  I can't believe she is already 1/2 a year old.  I took this pic awhile ago but I am just now getting around to posting it!!


Current Favorites:  Chicken dinner baby food, rolling over from back to front and then back over again, her walker, jumper thing, drinking from a cup, standing, jumping up and down, being outside, walks, swings, and bath time! 


Current Dislikes:  Laying down (unless sleeping), naps, bouncer, peas or green beans, bows, and her car seat.  


Milestones this month:  Payton is starting to move by rolling and pushing backwards!  I can feel she is going to start crawling any day now!!  She has also mastered sitting up on her own and rolling over both ways!!!



Today was another first for Payton.  First swimming adventure!!  She HATED it but she sure did look cute :)  The water was still a little too cold and she had not napped all day- so she was exhausted.  She loves baths so I think it was just an off day!  We will try again soon!  








Thats all for now!  Gonna try and get some much needed sleep.  God bless our troops!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment