Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Cards

So I am slowly starting to put away my Christmas Decorations (and I mean really SLOWLY).  Today, I was putting all my Christmas cards away.  I am trying to think of a creative way to keep all the cards I get.  Right now they are sitting in a shoe box in a closet.  I have 3 years of cards saved.  I hate to throw them away because I love getting them and people put time and money in them!  I think I am going to get on pinterest and try and find something fun I can do with them.  Got any ideas??  This year, I decided (in effort to save money) to make my cards.  Although they were a bit time consuming, I am so glad I did it.  They were cheaper and turned out so cute!

I bought 2 packs of 50 count cards and envelopes at hobby lobby.  They were $10 but I got them 50% off so I only paid $5 each.


I bought 3 things of tree stickers and 2 things of snow flake stickers.  They were also 50% off.  I think maybe they were $1.20 each.  Total I spent like $8.


Me and my mom took Payton's picture ourselves and printed them at CVS.  They were having a deal and I got 50 free prints so I only paid $4.


I printed them myself and bought this snow-Tex stuff to do the front of them.  It was $3.77.  Worked so well and I only had to but one jar for all of them!


And here was the end product!!  I spent a total of $25.77 give or take a few dollars (plus stamps).  I sent out 65 cards- thats 39 cents a card!!!    




No comments:

Post a Comment