Thursday, December 8, 2011

Weight Loss

So why is losing weight so hard after having a baby??  Before Payton I could lose 5lbs pretty fast and could maintain my weight no problem.  When I got pregnant I was at my lowest weight I had been since high school.  I was training for a half marathon and cutting out a lot if soda (didn't know I was pregnant).  During pregnancy, I gained 33 pounds (if I remember correctly lol).  The first 20 fell off pretty much immediately.  But those 13 pounds are killing me!!! Since I had a c-section my recovery took a little longer.  But after the doctor said ok to working out- I was at the gym!  However, for the past 2 months I have struggled getting motivated to work out.  Why?  1.  I HATE running lol.  But for me it is what makes me lose weight and feel great.  And I would rather run than swim or bike.  2.  I love food.  I love junk food to be specific haha.  Seriously, I am not a health nut when it comes to food.  It is something I definitely have to work on and put effort into.   3.  Payton- it is hard to get someone to watch her to go to the gym.  And right now it being so cold- I don't want to run outside!  Now, I know these are all bad excuses but they are my excuses none the less.  Anyways... My point to this ramble about my weight is this:  I am starting to workout again consistently!  YAY!  And I have learned a few things (simple and obvious things):  Working out gives me energy!!  And with a 1 year old and two part time jobs- I need energy!  Second, working out is one way I talk to God.  I love listening to some good worship music and talk to my Daddy while I run!  Its always hard for me to be still and focus but running does just that!  Finally, its treating my body like a temple of the Lord.  It's simple, yes.  But sometimes I don't treat the healthy body the Lord has given me like I should.  I have never really struggled with body image until recently and the Lord has been convicting me of how I have been treating myself (eating badly and not running).  I realize when I am tired and down on how I look- the devil seems to creep in and start telling me all sorts of lies.  So thats what I have been focussing on lately- treating my body right.  And really digging into scripture about how God sees me as His child!  Saw these two pics on Pinterest and thought they were good!

No comments:

Post a Comment