Tuesday, April 10, 2012

He is Risen.

I hope everyone had a great Easter weekend!  I didn't take very many pictures this year.  Not only am I terrible about taking pictures- Payton does not like to pose whatsoever.  Seriously, I can never get the girl to look at the camera.  Saturday, me, Payton, and my mom attended our church picnic.  We didn't stay too long because it was around Payton's nap time and pretty warm outside.  Payton didn't really go crazy with the easter egg hunt.  She focused on about 4 eggs and would put them in her basket and take them out- over and over again!  When you're 16 months old- its not about whats in the egg but the hunt itself!  Sunday, we went to our church's easter service (which was wonderful) and then headed to LakeWood Country club to have lunch with my dad's side of the family (a tradition).  After lunch we went back to my parents house to watch the Masters (aka nap!).  Growing up, my parents always focussed on what Easter is really about- Jesus!  My parents didn't take us to see the Easter bunny or put huge emphasis on baskets and egg hunts.  They took much time and used creative ways to show us what Easter was all about.  Not that bunny, candy, and eggs are bad but I am so thankful that they put so much effort in explaining God's love.  Something I want to continue with my children!!  Because we live and have hope because He died and rose again!!!  
Easter Egg Hunt @ Church Picnic

Brother and his future bride!



The ONLY picture I could get of her looking at the camera!

My love!!

Yeah she wasn't having any of it

haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment