Saturday, September 15, 2012

Raining

So the past two weeks have been filled with a lot of trials, tears, heartache, and hard realities.  The saying, 'when it rains, it pours' has been true the past few weeks for me and Jonny.  But through these valley's God has been at work.  I am so thankful for His promise of peace, comfort, and compassion.  I have felt God so close the past two weeks.  His presence has been so close and clear to me and for that I am so thankful.  I am thankful for His word and the hope it brings when everything seems to be going wrong.  I am thankful for the family and friends the Lord has surrounded me and Jonny with to help encourage and pray with us through the hard times.  I am thankful for a husband who loves me and encourages me.  Thankful for a husband who is compassionate and sacrifices so much for me!  So I am writing this post just to share a little bit of what God is doing in me.  He is stretching me and growing my faith.  He is drawing me close to Him and calling me to go deeper with Him.   Challenging me to trust who He is and what He can do!  So even when its pouring, I am thankful.  Because God is faithful, good, and loving.  He will never leave of forsake.

Some verses the Lord has been pressing on my heart lately/daily:

"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail."  Lamentations 3:22

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble."  Psalm 46:1

"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,” says the Lord, who has compassion on you."  Isaiah 54:10

"I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.”  Genesis 28:15      

No comments:

Post a Comment