Tuesday, January 1, 2013

HAPPY NEW YEARS

I can't believe 2012 has come and gone and another new year has begun.  Thankful God has given me another year.  This new years was not all that exciting.  I spent the night at home with my baby girls.  Payton and Kinsley have been sick so we stayed in and went to bed early so they can get better.  Of course Kinsley woke up around midnight to eat so we rang in the new year together.


As I was thinking about the goals I wanna set for 2013 I was having trouble coming up with some... I think the Lord is convicting me about 2 things.  He has been pressing these on me pretty hard and I want to focus 2013 and devoting myself to only these so that I can grow in my relationship with my Savior and in return become a better wife, mother, sister, daughter, and friend.

1.  Memorize the book of James.  I started this a few months ago and started out really strong.  I have the 1st chapter memorized but I am determined to memorize the whole book.  I feel like scripture memory is something I struggle with a lot and something that should be a part of every person who claims Jesus as their Savior.  The Lord has been convicting me to memorize more and so thats what I am gonna work on and do!

"How can a young person stay on the path of purity?
    By living according to your word.
10 
I seek you with all my heart;
    do not let me stray from your commands.
11 
I have hidden your word in my heart
    that I might not sin against you."  Psalm 119:9-11  


2.  Spend less time with social media stuff- this includes facebook, twitter, instagram, tv, ect....  I am not gonna totally stop but I feel like I spend way to much time on them- time I could be reading Gods word, enjoying family, ect...  I am not including blogging in this... I will still blog on a pretty regular basis.  This is something that I am constantly feeling conviction about.

SO heres to 2013.... May the Lord will bless you and your family this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment