Tuesday, January 1, 2013

How did I do in 2012??

2012 was a wonderful year!!  Lots of love, joy, tears, trials, and blessings.  God stretched us/our families in many ways.  Through it all God has remained the same.  He has been faithful and drawn us to HIm through it all.  I have seen Him work in mighty ways and He has moved my heart more and more.  Thankful for all He has done and can't wait to see how the Lord will move in 2013!    

So how did I do in 2012 on my resolutions??  Lets just take a look.....

1.  Go on a mission trip.  Really really would love to do it this year.  I am going to a meeting for a trip to Africa at the end of January so we will see!!
***** I did!  I didn't end up in Africa but God allowed me to go to Alaska.  I went with my church (Rush Creek) in July.  It was such a great trip and God moved in some great ways!  I loved everything about the trip and the people I went with.  I am blessed to be a part of such a great church.
  
2.  Run a half marathon.  Me and my sister are running the Cowtown in February!  I have been doing well with training but it's still 2 months away so lets pray I continue to train well.  
*****I did this one too :)  Me and Maddie ran the Cowtown in February!  I loved training and running with my sister.  

3.  Go to bed earlier.  I am such a night owl (example:  its 11:15 and I am still awake).  I usually go to bed around 12:30-1 every night.  Payton usually sleeps till about 8/8:30 every day.  I would really like to start going to bed early so I can get up early.  I use Payton as my alarm clock and I would really love to be up and ready before she gets up!
*****Yeah I totally failed on this one!  I am such a night owl.  And now that I have a newborn- even more so.  I think my body is getting use to running on no sleep.  

4.  Read more.  I really hate reading but Jonny keeps reading all these good books and I feel like I should join him.  Also, they keep coming out with movies about them!
*****I have read a little more but now as much as I would have liked.  But I did do better.  

5.  Get pregnant.  Haha, but seriously.  Me and Jonny would like to welcome another Van Hoy by the end of the year.  (I AM NOT PREGNANT at the moment).  We are going to start trying after my half!  
*****CHECK!!!  Kinsley Rene was born in November!  Best new years resolution!!!!  


I did pretty well on my resolutions in 2012.... Bring on 2013 and all it has to offer!  

No comments:

Post a Comment