Thursday, June 20, 2013

24 Day Challenge

Today I  started my 2nd day of the Advocare 24 day challenge.  I am so excited to start this challenge.  I am really looking forward to getting more energy, eating healthier, cutting out junk food, and maybe loose some weight & a few inches.  A couple of months before we went to Mexico, Jonny and I started to eat healthier, eat smaller portions, work out and eat more at home.  Jonny has been doing great- he has lost over 20lbs and is doing so good.  But I still struggled with eating candy, junk food and drinking sodas.  I am really determined with this challenge to cut out all that and commit to eating great.  So far I am doing well haha :)  Along with this 24 day challenge I have decided to fast from a few things (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and Netflix).  I have been really convicted lately about how I spend my time.  Not only do I want to have a healthier body, I want to be continually growing in the Lord and these things have been a major distraction for me lately.  I want to be present is my family lives and not miss the little things.  I love how social media is able to keep us all connected and updated on people lives (especially family who live so far)- so I wont take a break forever but I definitely need a break to refocus on what I spend my time doing.  Because I can get on Pinterest, facebook or netflix before bed and before I know it 2 or 3 hours go by.  And its quite silly how many times a day I check or update twitter, facebook, and instagram.  I will continue to blog here and there- keep you updated on my challenge and mommy life but for the most part I will be unplugging from the internet for awhile.   Been studying in 1 Corinthians and the verses I read this morning really verify my conviction about how I am spending time and living my life.           

"I do all things for the sake of the gospel, so that i may become a fellow partaker of it. Don't you know that the runners in a stadium all race, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way to win the prize. Now everyone who competes exercises self- control in everything. However, they do it to receive a crown that will fade away, but we a crown that will never fade away. Therefore I do not run like one who runs aimlessly or box like one beating the air. Instead, I discipline my body and bring it under strict control, so that after preaching to others, I myself will not be disqualified."  1 Corinthians 9:23-27

God Bless :)

No comments:

Post a Comment