Saturday, June 29, 2013

24 Day Challenge Update

So I just wanted to give a little update on my 24 day challenge/fast.  I have reached the Max Phase of my Advocare 24 day challenge (Almost half way).  So its been 10 days of my media fast as well.  The challenge is going very well.  So far I have lost 5lbs and 4 inches overall (waist, hips, and thighs)!!!  I am feeling more energetic and just better about my body!  I have gone 10 days without soda, junk food, and candy (may not seem like a long time but for me it is).  It has been really hard to choose healthy foods and say no to my Dr. Pepper and chips but definitely has been worth it.  I have been feeling great!  My media fast is going great as well.  It also has been a challenge to not get on social media (harder than I expected) but it has also been so rewarding.  Spending more time focussed on prayer, studying Gods word, my family, health, and just living!  The Lord is good and blessing my time away from the social network.  Still studying in 1 Corinthians and loving it.  Learning how to discipline our bodies, mind, and spirit- doing everything for the sake of the gospel.  Having genuine faith, loving others, and laying down my sinful desires.  The Lord is so good and faithful!  And I can't wait to share my final results and see where God takes me!          

And I just had to share this picture of my precious girl 



"I do all things for the sake of the gospel, so that i may become a fellow partaker of it. Don't you know that the runners in a stadium all race, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way to win the prize. Now everyone who competes exercises self- control in everything. However, they do it to receive a crown that will fade away, but we a crown that will never fade away. Therefore I do not run like one who runs aimlessly or box like one beating the air. Instead, I discipline my body and bring it under strict control, so that after preaching to others, I myself will not be disqualified."  1 Corinthians 9:23-27

No comments:

Post a Comment