Sunday, July 14, 2013

24 Day Challenge

My 24 day challenge has come to a close- I made it :)  Thursday was my last day.  It was a challenge for sure.  It was hard to give up sweets and caffeine but definitely worth it.  I lost a total of 7lbs and a total of 5.5 inches in my hips, waist, and thighs!  I haven't had a coke, coffee, or chocolate in 24 days (CRAZY- I have never gone this long without coke in my life).  I definitely have more energy, feel better, and my clothes fit so much better.  I am gonna continue to cut out caffeine and most sweets, eat healthier and at home, and no fast food as best I can!  I love feeling healthier and having more energy.  And this challenge has definitely helped me focus and be more aware of what I am putting in my body and changing it for the better.  As for my fast- it went so well.  God really used the time to change a lot in my heart, convict me of some things, and draw me closer to Him.  God has been showing me a lot about discipline (body, spirit, and mind), being above reproach, and being set a part from the world.  Showing me what it looks like to be a believer in the world today.  Standing firm in the truth of the word and not compromising on what the Bible says is right and wrong.  As I have mentioned before, I have been studying in 1 Corinthians for awhile.    1 Corinthians talks a lot about the divisions in the body of Christ and how to run the race marked for us for the glory of God. And I have been loving it and learning so much.  So this fast has taught me so much.  Made me realize so much.  Its sad when the day goes by and I look back and see opportunities I have missed because my focus and time is not on the Lord.  My fast was so very eye opening about how I spend my time- how many times I check my facebook, pitnterest or twiiter.  How much I depended on these things.  How many things I miss out on with my girls cause I am on my phone.  It has been a great 24 day fast.  And so where do I go from here?  I have decided to delete my facebook and pinterest apps off my phone and to really limit my use of these things (the Lord has definitely been turning my desire away and helping me with this since my fast ended 2 days ago).  I will mainly use them to keep family updated with our lives- pictures of the girls and such.  So I am so thankful for a God who loves me and disciplines me.  A God who continues to work on my heart- even when I am unfaithful or fail.  Thankful for a God who never gives up on me and everyday shows me something new about HIs power, love, and mercy.  What a great and mighty God we serve!!  

Thank-you for listening to my heart and how the Lord is working.  Have a blessed Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment