Wednesday, November 14, 2012

November: Day Fourteen of Thankfulness


Give Thanks
"Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good" 

Day Fourteen:  I am thankful for my in-laws!  Tonight we celebrated Jonny's and Payton's birthday with the Van Hoy's!  I always love spending time with them- they sure make me laugh :)  Thankful for such wonderful people!  Blessed to be a part of their family.  And Payton adores them! 


  

Day Thirteen:  I am thankful for my church, The Church on Rush Creek.  I am so thankful to be able to serve and attend a church who challenges me and helps me grow in my faith in Jesus.  I am thankful for a church that puts importance on missions and reaching out to the community.  I am so blessed by Rush Creek- thankful :) 

Day Twelve:  I am thankful for all the wonderful friends the Lord has blessed me and Jonny with.  I am thankful for girls who I can tell anything to and they will encourage, pray, and speak truth in my life.  I am thankful for long friendships (like Joanna who has been my best friend since 1st grade).  Friendships that have been around since high school (Stephanie and Chelsea) and for lasting friendships made in college (Link and Hils).  And for the many others!!!  God has blessed us with some pretty great friends :)  We are blessed!!!!  

Day Eleven:  I am thankful for my precious daughter, Payton.  Today, our baby girl is 2 years old!  She is funny smart, and full of life.  She always keeps us laughing and melts our hearts.  She is independent and full of attitude and drive.  I am so proud of her and so thankful I get to be home and watch her grow.  I love her sweet spirit and precious heart.  I love that she always want to pray and talk to Jesus.  I love that she is so smitten with her daddy- watching yall play fills this momma with so much joy!  We love you more than words baby girl!  Lord, thank-you for the joy and privilege of being a mommy!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!    

Day Ten:  I am thankful my fightin Texas Aggies!!  I am so thankful that I was able to  go to a school like A&M.  It was there that I met some of my best friends, grew in faith, and learned more than I could imagine.  It was in college that God really grabbed a hold of my heart and began molding and shaping me.  I sure do miss that place and being there!  I am thankful for such a great institution with tradition, honor, and character.  And not too mention I am so very thankful that we BTHO #1 bama yesterday :)

Day Nine:  I am thankful the ability to stay at home with my babies.  I am so thankful that I have a husband who understands how important it is to me and works so hard to provide for our family so I can stay home with Payton (and soon to be baby #2).  I am also thankful for the 2 part-time jobs that I can do from home.  Thankful for the extra money and time it allows me to be at home with my babes.  So blessed to be able to do what I do!!!   

Day Eight:  I am combining what I am thankful for and my 38 week post!!  First, I am thankful for all the material things the Lord has blessed us with.  He has given us a beautiful home, clothes, food to eat, and beyond!  He has supplied us with our daily needs and so much more.  We are blessed!  So many people around the world go to bed hungry, cold, and without anything- thankful for all the Lord bestows.  May we be praying for those who are less fortunate and give to those in need!  I pray we will always give more than we receive!  

Day Seven:  I am thankful for the beautiful weather we have been having.  Me and Payton spent all morning at the park and it was beautiful.  I love fall and I am thankful for such pretty days we have been having!  Thankful for this time of year and new beginnings.     

Day Six:  I am thankful for the freedoms we have in this country and the men and women who have fought or continue to fight for that freedom!  I am thankful for the right to vote, worship, and so much more.  With that said, GO VOTE :)  And be praying for our country!!  No matter what happens, God's in control and I am so very thankful for that :)

Day Five:  I am thankful for my siblings.  Growing up we weren't always the closest but I am thankful for how close we are now!!  Maddie-  you are my best friend and I am beyond thankful for you.  You are an amazing sister, wife, friend, aunt, teacher, and woman of God.  And Payton absolutely adores you!!  Aaron- you are an amazing uncle and friend.  I am so thankful for how close we are and I am blessed to be able to share our lives together.  I feel like we are the most similar and I am proud of the man you are becoming!  It's exciting to see you grow up and seek the Lord.  Thank-you for loving Payton so much and watching her for free so often!!  I couldn't do what I do without your help!  Ryan-  I am so thankful and blessed to be able to see how God is molding you into such a great man, father, and husband.  I am so proud of you!  Thank-you for being such a great big brother who I can count on!  I love you!  Nathan-  I am thankful for all your advice and kind words.  I am thankful we get to raise our kids together and share in the joys and struggles of parenthood.  It's so fun to watch them grow up together.  Thank-you for all you do- love you!!  Finally, I am thankful for all my new siblings through Marriage!  Jenny- I love our talks and getting to bounce off each other about mommy hood- struggles and joys!  Thanks for listening, advising, and walking through life with me.  Kassi- I am so thankful for you and Rian.  I am so glad that God brought you and Ryan together.  Thank-you for your sweet spirit and loving heart!  Zach-  I am thankful for your friendship through the years (even if you are a 2%er most of the time haha).  Me and Jonny love hanging out with guys!  You are always willing to help out and you care for my sister so well! 

Day Four:  I am thankful for my parents.  Their love, support, guidance, prayers, and discipline has helped shape me into the person I am today.  My mom is one of the strongest and Godliest woman I know.  Her knowledge and faith is inspiring.  She is always giving and sacrificing for others.  And she has done more for me than I could ever ask for.  She is also one of the greatest meme's in the world!  My dad is amazing!  He is the most giving person I know.  He is such a strong spiritual leader for our family.  I am thankful for all he does- he has given and done so much for me!  God has blessed me with some pretty great parents who have blessed me more than I deserve!  
  
Day Three:  I am thankful for my sweet husband.  He is my best friend, my rock, and so much more.  He makes me laugh more than anyone.  He encourages me and prays for me and our family.  He is giving, compassionate, and an amazing spiritual leader.  He works hard for our family and provides so I can stay home with our babies.  He is an amazing daddy and I can't imagine my life without him.  Thankful that God put us together 8 (almost 9) years ago!  Love him dearly and thankful everyday we get to spend this life together!
  
Day Two:  I am thankful for this precious life God is forming inside me.  I had a doctors appointment today and got to hear her sweet heartbeat  (nothing better).  I am thankful that God chose me to carry this precious baby girl.  I am thankful for a healthy pregnancy so far and the amazing gift of life.  I can't wait to meet her and see the kind of woman she becomes.  Lord, thank-you for this life!    

Day One:  First and foremost I am thankful for my Savior.  God is the fountain which all good things and blessings flow.  He has given me more than I deserve- starting with the precious gift of Salvation through the sacrifice of Christ.  I am thankful for the journey and life my God has given me!  I can't imagine life without Him and His grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment