Friday, October 12, 2012

Joyful Giving


Just a fair warning, this post is gonna be a little mushy.  I want to take some time and brag a little bit on my hubby.  Jonny is one of the most giving people I have ever known.  He is always serving others and has a heart for people in need.  His compassion and love for his family and friends is admirable.  And here are just some ways he gives/sacrifices/loves (no specific order)....

1.  He gives to his daughter.  After working long/hard days, he comes home and always gives his best to Payton.  He is energetic, happy, loving and plays for 2-3 hours non stop with our girl.  He tells her constantly that she is beautiful and smart.  He is patient with her and does not let frustrations of the day into the home.  He bathes her and gets her ready for bed most nights!  He reads parenting books and is constantly trying/learning to be a better parent.  He prays with our daughter and over our daughter everyday!  

2.  He gives to me.  He is constantly showing me how much he loves me through the sacrifices he makes for me.  Especially being pregnant- he is constantly helping me out.  He wakes up in he middle of the night to sooth Payton if she wakes up (even though he wakes up 2 hours before I do in the morning).  He always does the dishes after dinner.  He buys me random presents (which I know isn't necessary to prove his love- but he loves to give).  He would rather buy presents for everybody else than himself.  He wakes up on most weekends with Payton and lets me sleep in a little!  He listens, prays and cares for me.  Lets me have time to myself and is willing to go get me chocolate at 10pm just because I am craving it :) 

3.  He gives to the church/missions.  Not only is he willing give his money to our church, missions, and other organizations but he gives his time.  He helps me serve on Sundays with the 4 year old class.  He is there every Sunday and is so good with them.  He supports me in the things God lays on my heart- mission trips, giving to causes, and serving.  

4.  He gives to his friends.  He is constantly helping his friends out when they need it.  He prays for them and is willing to sacrifice his time and money for them.  He puts in time and really invests in the relationships with friends.           

5.  He gives to his family.  He wakes up at 5:30am and doesn't get home till 6pm.  He works hard at his job and then comes home and works hard at home.  He is always doing things around the house and serving our family, not just me and Payton but our extended family as well.

6.  He gives to random people.  I can't tell you how many times he has stopped to help someone with car trouble, given money to someone he didn't know who needed it or helping out in random ways!

Not only does he do theses things but he does them JOYFULLY!!!  These examples are just a few ways he gives....  By no means is Jonny perfect but I sure am thankful for the man God has/is making him!  The past two weeks, God has been showing me a lot about how to better love Jonny.  And I am thankful for all the ways he loves me!!  

"Now this I say, he who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. Each one must do just as he has purposed in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed."  2 Corinthians 9:6-8

No comments:

Post a Comment