Monday, August 20, 2012

Child like Faith

Since becoming a mother the Lord has grown me in ways I can't imagine.  Given me a deeper understanding of what His love is (though we will never be able to fully grasp it).  Through Payton, I have learned so much about Gods love and grace in my life.  Daily I am reminded of His blessings, forgiveness, peace, and presence.  Not only am I reminded of these things but God uses being a wife and mother to teach me and convict me- daily.  Today I had one of those moments.  After playing at the park and eating lunch, I put Payton in her crib for her nap.  She immediately sat down put her hands together, said "ray" (pray), and closed her eyes.  Man did my heart swell with pride.  She sat there with her head bowed and eyes closed as I thanked God for the park and nice weather.  Once I said Amen she threw her hands up in the air and said "Amen" and then laid down and closed her eyes for her nap.  This has been the 3rd or 4th time in the past 4 or 5 days she has reminded me to pray (wether before dinner or bedtime or just because she wants to).  After leaving her room, I started thinking about my time with Him this past week.  The Lord was convicting me about my lack of time in prayer and reading of His word this past week.  How easily I have been distracted with everyday life and getting things done.  Thankful for my sweet 21 month old daughter who reminds me to pray without ceasing- to pray in all things.  Thankful for teachable moments through simple things.  Thankful the Lord draws me near to Him when I am unfaithful.  Thankful for forgiveness and grace.  God is good to me indeed :)  Just gonna leave ya with a little bit of Scripture I meditated on today:


"Praise the Lord.  Blessed are those who fear the Lord, who find great delight in his commands. Their children will be mighty in the land; the generation of the upright will be blessed.  Wealth and riches are in their house and their righteousness endures forever.  Even in darkness light dawns for the upright, for those who are gracious and compassionate and righteous.  Good will come to those who are generous and lend freely, who conduct their affairs with justice.  Surely the righteous will never be shaken; they will be remembered forever.  They will have no fear of bad news; their hearts are steadfast, trusting in the Lord. Their hearts are secure, they will have no fear; in the end they will look in triumph on their foes. They have freely scattered their gifts to the poor, their righteousness endures forever; their horn will be lifted high in honor.  The wicked will see and be vexed, they will gnash their teeth and waste away; the longings of the wicked will come to nothing."  Psalm 112 
  

            

No comments:

Post a Comment