Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Goodbye Summer 2012

Well Summer is over!  And as much as I love the summer, I love fall and the holidays even more.  I am so ready for football, pumpkins, cooler weather, leaves falling (although not looking forward to picking them up), getting dark earlier and all the smells that come with fall!  I know the cooler weather is still a little ways off but I am excited for when it comes!  So I made a summer "bucket list" in May.  Lets see how we did :)

1.  Lots of Swimming-  We sure did a ton of swimming!  She loves swimming at her Nana's and MeMe's.  And since it is still hot outside- the swimming days are not over just yet :)  (just a few pics- I didn't take too many of her swimming cause we did it a ton)


 

 

2.  Dallas World Aquarium-  Unfortunately, we never made it to the Aquarium.  We were going to go last week but because of all the mosquitos around I decided not to take her.  I did take her to the Children's Museum instead.  Maybe one weekend we will take her.    
 3.  ZOO-  We did make it to the Zoo this summer, despite the heat.  We went in the morning for a few hours so it wasn't so bad.  Payton loved the Zoo.  We will be going a lot more once the heat goes down!  We went with Joanna, her cousin, and her cousin's two boys.  Payton loved being with older kids!
  
 
 

4.  Little Gym Class once a week-  She loved going to the little gym.  Because school (and its so expensive) we will not be doing little gym this fall.   


 

These were taken last semester.  I didn't take any over the summer!



5.  Play dates-  We had a few play dates this summer.  Not as many as I would of liked but because of work and not feeling great we didn't get to squeeze more in.

 

6.  Water Park-  Didn't make it to a water park this summer.  I feel like she is a little too young for that still.  
7.  Library Story time-  Nope :(
8.  Lots of Park time-  Yup!  Payton loves the park!  And we were there whenever the weather was nice enough!  

9.  Ranger Game-  Yup!  I made it to 4 Ranger games this season!!  I love Ranger games.  Jonny made it to two!  We are going to take Payton to one next month.  Hopefully it will be cooler and she will enjoy it.  

 

 

 10.  Picnics-  We had one at the park! 
11.  Children's Museum-  Yup!  We made it to the children's museum last week.  It wasn't as cool as I remember as a kid but it was nice to be out of the house and Payton enjoyed it.  She loved the Aquarium there way more than the Science part. 


12.  A week with Aunt Maddie in Plano-  While I was in Alaska Aunt Maddie took Payton for a week.  They had lots of fun!  And I think Maddie decided that she is not going to have kids for some time lol.  
13.  Lake Fun-  Nope :(
14.  Date Nights-  Yup!  We did enjoy a few date nights!  And we celebrated our 4th Anniversary!  Thankful for Jonny's parents who kept Payton over night several times so we could have time alone and sleep in a little :)
15.  Gender Reveal Party- YES!!  We found out we are having a precious little girl!  Thankful for the family who came to celebrate with us.  We can't wait to meet her. 
 

16.  Clean Garage-  We still have some work to do but its getting there :) 
17.  Move- We are still looking at houses- taking our time.  But we are in the process for sure! 
18.  Catch up on my scrap-booking and journaling-  Still have some stuff to do but I am way ahead :)
19.  Get back yard nice looking
20.  Have a girls weekend-  Sadly it never happened :(  Just too busy with everyones schedule

So 15 out of 20 isn't bad!!  Thankful for a slow summer with work so me and Payton could hangout and do lots of fun things!  

No comments:

Post a Comment